OUR EVENT AND THEME
The Appalachian Classic is a not-for-profit organization which, through its competitive and recreational rides, strives to promote Victoriaville and its region while contributing to the development of cycle sports.
More than just an event with clear growth objectives, the Appalachian Classic is first and foremost a product of its founder’s friendships, and their passion for the beauty of the landscapes of the Appalachian Mountains. It is born of deep values, specifically: respect, integrity and self-transcendence.
Its Board of Directors is composed for the most part of local stakeholders, which in turn facilitates local mobilization and community support for this unique event.
Below are all official communications or documents produced by la Classique.
DOCUMENT #5: PRESS RELEASE
LA CLASSIQUE DES APPALACHES RETURNS IN 2016
Highlights from today's announcements:
- Progressive tarification for the Gran Fondo courses, in order to encourage early registrations. First wave of special rates will end on May 15.
- Start area is moved to the Complexe Sacré-Coeur, at the foot of Mont Arthabaska, to facilitate logistics and proximity to the finish area for racers and spectators. All courses will finish at the summit of Mont Arthabaska, including the "Découverte" and "Panoramique" fondo that will arrive from the back of the mountain.
- Final courses itineraries, still under development, will be released shortly. Of note, the changes will be relatively minor with regards to the 2015 layouts (composition of distance, elevation and unpaved sections).
- Return of Hugo Houle, as ambassador and spokesperson.
DOCUMENT #4: MAJESTIC MIKE WOODS WINS INAUGURAL EDITION OF THE APPALACHIAN CLASSIC
- Highlights from the race
- Quotes from pro/elite riders
- Photos of the break
DOCUMENT #3: PRESS RELEASE ON PRO/ELITE LINE UP FOR
- Lists of male and female riders to participate in the race
- Details for spectators wishing to attend the race (excerpts from the technical guide)
DOCUMENT #2: STATEMENT AND ANNOUNCEMENT ON PURSE PRIZES
- Statement and explanations from the co-founders on rationale re: previously announced purse prizes
- Announcement on a new "equal prize" structure
PRESS RELEASE #1 : PROFESSIONAL RIDERS AND CHANGE
- Highlights and background of the three pro riders joining the pack
- Detail of schedule change moving the races from the 20th to the 19th
- Backgrounder on both competitive and recreational courses
For any other questions,
please use this form